作者:小雅和英美友人
Egg Breakfast II
鸡蛋早餐(下)
I. Boiled eggs 煮鸡蛋
Child: Mom, besides steamed egg and fried egg
, what other way can we cook eggs? 宝宝:妈妈,除了鸡蛋羹和煎鸡蛋,鸡蛋还能怎么做啊?
Mom: I’ll show you the easiest way to cook an egg today - boil
it. 妈妈:我今天来教教你最简单的鸡蛋做法——煮。
We can either soft-boil them or hard-boil
them, 咱们能够做成溏心的,亦能够是全熟的,
which means the yolk is either a little soft andrunny or it is completely solid
. 亦便是说能够让蛋黄软软的、水汪汪的,或完全凝固。
Which way would you prefer
? 你更爱好哪种方式?
Child: I like it hard boiled! 宝宝:我爱好全熟的!
Mom: Okay. Let’s get out what we need: a pot with a lid, water, some salt, and the eggs
. 妈妈:好的。咱们拿出所需的东西:一个带盖的锅、水、有些盐和鸡蛋。
Let’s place the eggs in
the pot first. 咱们先把鸡蛋放入锅中。
Then, why don’t you fill it with water until the eggs are covered
? 而后,你来加水吧,加到鸡蛋被完全覆盖。
Child: Like this? 宝宝:这般吗?
Mom: Yup! They are completelysubmerged
. 妈妈:是的!它们完全没在水里了。
I will sprinkle
some salt in the water. 我在水里撒些盐。
Child: Why do we add
salt? 宝宝:为何要加盐啊?
Mom: To disinfectthe eggs a bit and make it easier topeel
later. 妈妈:稍微给鸡蛋消消毒,一会儿亦更好剥。
Child: I know what’s next – boil some water
. 宝宝:我晓得接下来怎么做了 ——把水烧开。
Mom: Yes, put the pot on the stove onhigh heat
and make the water boil. 妈妈:是的,把锅放在炉子上,高火把水煮沸。
Make sure your pot has a lid
on it. 要把锅盖盖着。
After it comes to a boil, turn the heat to low
. 水开后,调成小火。
Let the eggs cook for 10 minutes. 把鸡蛋煮10分钟。
(After 10 minutes 非常钟后) Child:
Time is up
! 宝宝:时间到了!
Mom: Yes, use this slotted spoon to scoop
the eggs out of the pot and into a bowl. 妈妈:嗯,用这个漏勺把鸡蛋从锅里捞到碗里。
Pour some cold water
in the bowl so it’s not too hot to peel and eat. 往碗里倒点凉水,这般剥和吃的时候就不会太烫了。
Child: Okay. Can’t wait to eat theboiled egg
made by myself! 宝宝:好的。等不及吃我自己做的煮鸡蛋了!
II. Scrambled eggs 炒蛋
Mom: I would also like to show you how to cook scrambled eggs
. 妈妈:我亦教教你怎么做炒蛋。
That way we can cover
most of the basic egg dishes for breakfast. 这般就能覆盖到大部分基本的鸡蛋早餐了。
I want to cook it the western way, so we’ll need a pan, a spatula, a whisk, a little bowl, some butter and salt
. 我想用西式做法,因此咱们需要一个平底锅、一把铲子、一个打蛋器、一个小碗、有些黄油和盐。
Child: Mom, I put them on the counter by the stove
. 宝宝:妈妈,我把它们放在炉子旁边的灶台上了。
Mom: Good. First, we’ll heat our pan a little on medium heat
. 妈妈:好的。首要,咱们把锅中火预热一下。
While it’s heating up, we will put our egg in the bowl and beatthe egg a little tobreak up
the yolk. 等它变热的时候,咱们把鸡蛋打入碗中,稍微打一下鸡蛋,打散蛋黄。
Child: I can do it. 宝宝:我来吧。
Mom: Good. Then, let’s put a tablespoonof butter in the pan and let itmelt and then put the egg in there.
妈妈:好的。而后,咱们在锅里放入一汤匙黄油,让它融化,而后放入鸡蛋。
It should sizzle
when you put it in the pan. 你把它放入锅里的时候,应该会发出嘶嘶声。
Child: It sizzled, so the pan should behot enough
! 宝宝:发出嘶嘶声了,因此锅应该已然足够热了!
Mom: Yes, then we will move the egg around
with the spatula for about 3-5 minutes. 妈妈:是的,而后我们要用铲子持续搅动鸡蛋,大约3-5分钟。
Then, I’ll sprinkle in
a little salt. 而后,我来往里面撒一点盐。
You can also add any seasonings
you like here. 你亦能够加入你爱好的其他调料。
Child: Pepper
! 宝宝:胡椒!
Mom: Sure. Then,turn the heat off and put
the egg on your plate! 妈妈:没问题。而后,关火,把鸡蛋盛到盘子里!
Child: It looks yummy
! 宝宝:看起来很美味!
点击@你和宝宝说英语,关注我,学习更加多亲子英文和育儿知识。
|