[复制链接]

主题

回帖

9912万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2024-9-28 12:56:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

The SEC said, “Musk,/your tweets are a blight./They really could cost you your job,/if you don’t stop/all this tweeting at night.”/…Then Musk cried, “Why?/The tweets I wrote are not mean,/I don’t use all-caps/and I’m sure that my tweets are clean.”/“But your tweets can move markets/and that’s why we’re sore./You may be a genius/and a billionaire,/but that doesn’t give you the right to be a bore!”

这首诗出自一台运行GPT-3(第三代生成式预训练模型)软件的计算机,描述了马斯克与美国证交会之间的争执。由旧金山OpenAI研发GPT-3表率了AI前沿行业的最新发展,其基本理念是“语言模型”,在面临瓶颈期的业界和学术界激起争论。GPT-3规模空前巨大,其底层模型号叫作有1750亿个参数,计算机能据此生成繁杂精妙、近似人类书写的文字。但这个程序并不完美,最基本的问题是什么?上方扫码可直接订阅商论,中英对照阅读八月刊《比特文学》全文。

《经济学人·商论》八月刊文案《比特文学》(Bit-lit)

Artificial intelligence

人工智能

Bit-lit

比特文学

A new language-generating AI can be eerily human-like—for better and for worse

一款新的语言生成AI诡异地说着“人话”——不论好坏

The SEC said, “Musk,/your tweets are a blight./They really could cost you your job,/if you don’t stop/all this tweeting at night.”/…Then Musk cried, “Why?/The tweets I wrote are not mean,/I don’t use all-caps/and I’m sure that my tweets are clean.”/“But your tweets can move markets/and that’s why we’re sore./You may be a genius/and a billionaire,/but that doesn’t give you the right to be a bore!”

SEC说:“马斯克,/你的推文是个灾祸。/它们真的会害你丢了工作,/倘若你不罢手/大半夜的还在发帖。”/……马斯克嚷嚷:“为何?/我的帖子又没使坏,/我没通篇用大写字母/我确信我的帖子很清白。”/“但你的帖子会让市场波动/而这让咱们头痛。/你可能是个天才/还是个亿万富翁,/但你不可就这么烦人!”

THE PRECEDING lines—describing Tesla and SpaceX founder Elon Musk’s run-ins with the Securities and Exchange Commission, an American financial regulator—are not the product of some aspiring 21st-century Dr Seuss. They come from a poem written by a computer running a piece of software called Generative Pre-Trained Transformer 3. GPT-3, as it is more commonly known, was developed by OpenAI, an artificial-intelligence (AI) laboratory based in San Francisco, and which Mr Musk helped found. It represents the latest advance in one of the most studied areas of AI: giving computers the ability to generate sophisticated, human-like text.

以上文字描述了特斯拉和SpaceX的创始人马斯克与美国金融监管公司SEC(证券交易委员会)之间的口舌之争。它并非出自哪个21世纪新人“苏斯博士”(Dr Seuss)之手,而是一台运行GPT-3(第三代生成式预训练模型)软件的计算机所作的诗中的一段。GPT-3由位置于旧金山的人工智能(AI)实验室OpenAI研发,马斯克是该实验室的创始人之一。它表率了在AI最深入探索的行业之一中实现的最新发展。这个行业是赋予计算机能力,生成繁杂精妙、近似人类书写的文字。

The software is built on the idea of a “language model”. This aims to represent a language statistically, mapping the probability with which words follow other words—for instance, how often “red” is followed by “rose”. The same sort of analysis can be performed on sentences, or even entire paragraphs. Such a model can then be given a prompt—“a poem about red roses in the style of Sylvia Plath”, say—and it will dig through its set of statistical relationships to come up with some text that matches the description.

这个软件的基本理念是“语言模型”。这种模型运用统计学办法来组织语言,办法是找出各个单词与其他单词衔接的概率——例如“红色”后面显现“玫瑰”的频率。还能够对句子乃至全部段落做一样的分析。而后能够这般的模型一个关键词——例如“一首西尔维娅·普拉斯(Sylvia Plath)风格的关于红玫瑰的诗”——它就会在自己的统计关系数据集其中深入挖掘,输出有些符合描述的文字。

Actually building such a language model, though, is a big job. This is where AI—or machine learning, a particular subfield of AI—comes in. By trawling through enormous volumes of written text, and learning by trial and error from millions of attempts at text prediction, a computer can crunch through the laborious task of mapping out those statistical relationships.

要真正构建这般一个语言模型却是一项浩大的工程。此时AI就派上用场了,详细来讲是AI一个专门的子域——设备学习。计算机梳理海量的书面文字,并在成百上千万次文本预测中经过试错来学习,最后能够完成这项艰巨的任务,绘制出文字间的统计关系。
…… ………… ……

↑免费下载《经济学人》中英双语App↑

订阅就可阅读全文(中英对照)

下方扫码直接订阅就可阅读《经济学人·商论》八月刊《比特文学》(Bit-lit)此刻订阅《经济学人·商论》更可同步解锁《经济学人·商论》发刊迄今2500多篇往期文案包含1500余篇文案的英文原声音频,并免费解锁商论英语学习社区,听官方译者领读《经济学人》原文。

长按识别图中二维码直达官方订阅网站,选取订阅《经济学人·商论》年度或季度均赠送学习社区(一年或3个月)

安装最新版《经济学人·商论》App,体验双语对照阅读:

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

站点统计|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|外链论坛 ( 非经营性网站 )|网站地图

GMT+8, 2024-10-19 07:26 , Processed in 1.487203 second(s), 37 queries .